vendredi 1 novembre 2013

The Jump Rope Can Make You Amazingly Athletic

The jump rope is still not a piece of equipment many people think of as important. If I had a choice to either run for fitness or jump rope, jumping rope is my choice.
All the years I trained with weights skipping rope was never ever a thought in my world. If you jumped rope I would have thought you were doing nothing more than a school girl workout waiting for a quick beaten!
It's amazing how you can grow up training and miss such an important piece of equipment that would have helped me in all areas of my training, at least from an athletic stand point. Jumping rope has been used for centuries by the greatest athletes ever.
Rope skipping will build strength, explosiveness, quickness and burn plenty of fat in very short amount of time.But like anything else it takes a little practice to jump and this discourages people from trying and getting better.
I remember when I tried to cross the first time it took some time to get the first cross and after the first cross it became easier. I have shown a few people over the years how to skip rope and as athletic they were the jump rope gave them a challenge.
Skipping rope has made my legs feel younger, quicker and faster and no matter how good you get you can always be challenged by changing speed, going longer, you can run while you skip rope and you can use jumping rope when doing sprints, hill sprints and bodyweight exercises.
The greatest athletes in the world still use the rope as a major part of training. It's amazing that a piece of equipment that costs a few bucks can give you amazing results.
I skip rope almost every day as part of my training; I use it as my rest between rounds or sets. Or I use it as part of the workout, going fast and hard for time. People that spend time learning how to jump rope will benefit tremendously strengthen the body as well as building a leaner more muscular body.
One thing that jumping rope has done for me has shown me that simple exercises that I would have never thought would be of much benefit really changed the way my body has reacted to all types of sports that require explosiveness, agility, jumping and stamina.
There are many types of ropes you can buy; I stick mostly with a licorice speed rope or a beaded rope. I have weighted ropes and they are good on occasion to add a little variety.
I personally don't like weighted handle ropes and cotton rope is to light. I like my ropes fast; I want to be fast, so I want a fast rope. Most ropes are around 9' and they are a good length, I prefer a shorter rope, the shorter the rope the faster it turns.
Give it a try for a month or two starting out slow and a couple times a week. Working up to jumping three to five times a week.
A nice workout for the person advanced in jumping. Jump 100 times drop down and do 25 pushups as fast as possible for 10 rounds.
Try not stopping or rest as little as possible, for a total of 1,000 jumps and 250 pushups. Try and go for 1 minute to complete jumping rope 100 times and 25 pushups.
Johnny Grube B.C.S. is the holder of 13 bodyweight world records in physical fitness is an expert on the subject of Building Physical and Mental Toughness through bodyweight training. He has 30 years of training experience and is the author of "Ultimate Physical Fitness in 5 Minutes" at amazon.com and is the author of other training manuals sold world wide to athletes and military. http://www.wildmantraining.com


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8089951

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire